Winter season is about to end and spring is fast approaching, which means we’ll soon get to see a lot of flowers bloom before our very eyes. But how do you think the world would look if flowers never existed at all? It would probably look bland and lifeless, which is obviously not what we want. If you think about it, flowers actually come in different sizes and colors, and their varying features help in creating a more attractive and colorful world that is worth living. And since flowers are plants, they not only contribute in beautifying our environment, but they also help in providing us with fresh, breathable air.
But what about mock-ups or illustrations of flowers? Would they be able to contribute the same beautifying effect as real flowers do? They actually do but with a slight difference. The thing about flower illustrations is that they are meant to improve the appearance of images or other projects. If flower illustrations are what you need for your projects, then you are definitely at the right place. Below is a collection of some of the most attractive flower illustration designs on the Internet, so feel free to check them out and maybe you’ll be able to find at least one design that works perfectly for you.
Spring Yellow Flowers Illustration Design
Spring, it is definitely fast approaching, and while many are excited for spring break, we are more excited to see the flowers bloom. Just take a look at the flower illustration design above, if you find that beautiful, wait until your see actual living flowers bloom during the season, you’ll probably find it hypnotizing. If you are looking for spring-themed designs, you may be interested in checking out our collection of spring wallpaper designs.
Pink Love Flower Illustration Design
Pansy Flower Watercolor Illustration Design
What Are the Types of Illustrations?
- Character Illustrations. This type of illustration doesn’t always have to involve a person or a human being, the character being illustrated could also be an animal or an inanimate object. The characters will serve as the mascot, which in turn can be used to represent a specific entity. The most tedious part when illustrating characters is having to capture the personality and bringing it to life.
- Spot Illustrations. Also known as object illustrations, these are graphic illustrations that involve standalone elements without the use of any background image, texture, or scene. The purpose of spot illustrations is to highlight the object and adding a personality to it. There are also instances when animals are used on spot illustrations.
- Icon Illustrations. This type of illustration is often confused with spot illustration since both involve standalone objects or beings as the element on the design. But, the difference with icon illustrations is primarily on its size. Icon illustrations are smaller and have less detail than spot illustrations, and these may even work in just a single color.
- Pattern Illustrations. A type of illustration that is very versatile and can be incorporated with the other types of illustrations. These are often used for backgrounds, wallpapers, or even product packaging. There are actually limitless possibilities on how one can make use of pattern illustrations, and it will only depend on the artist’s creativity. Speaking of patterns, you may also be interested in check out our collection of flower pattern designs.
Aster Buttercup Chrysanthemum Flowers Illustration Design
Looking for a colorful flower vector design that is sure to capture the audience’s attentions? Take a look at the bouquet illustration above which shows a variety of flowers that include asters, buttercups, and chrysanthemums. This design would look good when printed on greeting cards or on wedding cards.
Photorealistic Pink Peonies Illustration Design
What Are the Modes of Illustrations?
- Pencil Illustrations. One of the most popular modes of illustrations, and from the name itself, the medium used here are pencils. What’s great about using pencils for illustrating is that it allows the artist to create a variety of volume effects which include soft shadows to dark and heavy lines.
- Charcoal Illustrations. A somewhat similar mode of illustration, wherein it makes use of a medium that allows you to apply varying volumes of shadows and lines. The difference with using charcoal is that the lines are much darker and bolder than that of pencils, and these can be spread out by simply applying pressure with the use of a finger or a tissue. Though charcoal illustrations are harder to pull off than pencil illustrations, you can actually do more with it.
- Ink Illustrations. A rather advanced mode of illustration since the medium used is indelible. Once an artist makes the slightest mistake when doing ink illustrations, they will have to start all over again since the mistake can no longer be removed. Though inks are widely accessible and affordable, using it for illustrating would require utmost precision from the artist.
- Watercolor Illustrations. This mode of illustration primarily uses water-based pigments to achieve soft and slightly transparent effects on your artwork. With watercolor illustrations, the volume of the element will depend solely on the amount of water incorporated to the pigment.
- Acrylic Illustrations. Many artists would recommend this mode of illustration for beginners, mainly because acrylic paint is much easier to work with than watercolor or oil paint. But even so, an artist can still achieve the same effects as with watercolor and oil paint.
- Collage Illustrations. Much like collage photos, this mode of illustration is comprised of various images or artworks to form an entirely new illustration. The word collage is actually taken from a French word which means “to glue,” since collage images will require you to “glue together” different elements to come up with something.
Pencil Sketch Flowers Illustration Designs
Pink Roses Watercolor Illustration Design
Stock Flower Vector Illustration Design
Peonies Watercolor Clipart Illustration Design
What Are Some Interesting Facts about Flowers?
- The sunflower can be used to remove harmful or toxic elements from the soil. Sunflower seeds contain oil that are good for the body, and these seeds can be eaten as a snack. Another interesting fact about sunflowers is that their heads are believed to have the ability to track the movements of the sun, and this theory is referred to as heliotropism. If you’re interested in getting a tattoo in the form of sunflowers, you may want to check out our collection of sunflower tattoo designs.
- Roses are actually a relative to apples, pears, cherries, raspberries, peaches, nectarines, plums, and almonds. The berry-like fruit of roses—rose hips—are very high in vitamin C and can be used to make jams; it can also be brewed to make tea. Roses have also been known to be the symbol of love and have been widely used during Valentine’s Day to express love and affection.
- During the 17th century in Holland, tulip bulbs were more valuable than gold, because according to them, it symbolized love, life, and immortality. In the 1630s, there was a widespread blooming of tulips all over Western Europe, and its petals were being used as a form of currency.
- The reason why ancient Egyptians treated the lotus flower as sacred is because they were amazed by its property of staying dormant during drought seasons and blossoming again when water returns. Seeds and nuts of the lotus plant can also be made into a snack and be eaten raw. We also have a collection of lotus tattoo designs if you’re interested, feel free to check it out.
- If there’s one plant that can provide you with a lot of vitamins and minerals, it is the dandelion flower. Dandelions are very rich in vitamins A and C, as well as calcium, potassium, and iron. The flower petals of the dandelion plant can be made into wine, and can also be roasted and made into a caffeine-free coffee.
Sketched Flowers and Fruits Illustration Designs
Hand-Drawn Botanical and Floral Vector Illustration Design
Colorful Flower Pattern Illustration Design
Were we able to captivate you with our wonderful collection of colorful flower illustration designs? To provide you with more juicy information about our illustration designs, these were actually gathered from multiple highly reliable sources that offer more than just illustrations of flowers. In addition to that, these illustrations were created by some of this generation’s most talented and imaginative graphic artists from all over the world. Those information alone should already be enough to convince you that the illustrations that we have gathered here are high quality and were professionally made.
But aside from just being artistic and beautiful, the illustrations above can be fully and easily edited, which allows you to freely customize them according to your own preferences. But before proceeding to actually downloading these illustrations, see to it that you have the required graphics editing tool that will allow you to get the job done in the most convenient way possible. For vector illustrations, it is best to use Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, or any vector editing tool available that you can download for free. On the other hand, for PSD files, it is highly recommended that Adobe Photoshop be used since this format is specifically created by and for use with that software.
Lastly, with regards to how much you will need to spend to be able to get your hands on these flower illustrations, it would be a huge sigh of relief for all of you to know that you can actually download these beautiful illustration designs for a very reasonable rate. In fact, they are so affordable that you may even want to download the entire collection and not break your budget. These illustrations were made conveniently available to everyone who has access to the Internet for the reason that they won’t have to stress themselves out of having to make flower drawings from scratch or to spend a lot just to download high-quality illustrations. So what are you waiting for? Start downloading an illustration now.
15+ Wrapper Templates
52+ Vector Illustrations
26+ Booklet Designs
20+ Hang Tag Designs
34+ Sticker Designs
23+ Business Catalog Designs
41+ Catalog Design
45+ Holiday Design Templates
50+ Calendar Design Templates
43+ Coupon Templates – PSD, AI, InDesign, Word
44+ Box Template Designs
26+ Newsletter Design Templates
16+ Album Cover Templates
16+ Bottle Label Designs
48+ Label Design Templates