It’s International Women’s Day, and what perfect year it is to celebrate this commemoration of a historical event, given that over the recent months, women all over the world have finally stood up for themselves and made themselves heard regarding the abuses they have experienced both physically and sexually. Of course, the issue has created a stir in a lot of industries, most notably in show business, but it just shows that women today are indeed getting the respect and recognition that they deserve.
In honor of International Women’s Day, we have a collection of Women’s Day greeting cards below that you can use to send out to your closest female friends. There are a total of eighteen designs below to choose from, and these were gathered from multiple reliable sources. While you can always buy greeting cards from bookstores, it is always best to go the extra mile and make it more personal. This way, the recipient can truly find the sentimental value of the greeting card and thus, will treasure it.
Women’s Day Greeting Card Template
Yellow Purple Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Beautiful Flower Bouquet Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Hand-Illustrated International Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Artistic Butterflies Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Flat Floral Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Doodled Illustration Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
What Is International Women’s Day?
Seen today as a holiday in many countries all over the world, the International Women’s Day is observed yearly to commemorate the movement for women’s rights and equality. The first celebration—initially known as National Women’s Day—was held on February 28, 1909, in New York City, and was organized by the Socialist Party of America. It was only referred to for the first time as the International Women’s Day on March 19, 1911, and was celebrated by over a million people from many countries all over the world to promote equal rights as well as suffrage for women. It was only in 1975—during the International Women’s Year—that the United Nations recognized and began celebrating IWD.
In 1913, Russia celebrated their first IWD, and it was initially decided by Russian women to celebrate IWD on the last Saturday of February. However, this was changed the following year when the celebration fell on a Sunday, which was March 8. After which, it was eventually agreed by many countries all over the world that IWD be celebrated every 8th of March. This year, the chosen theme for International Women’s Day is “Time is Now: Rural and Urban Activists Transforming Women’s Lives.”
Top Five Most Famous and Influential Women in the World
- Oprah Winfrey. Considered by many as the most influential woman in the world, Oprah Winfrey has gone from being in poverty to being the first African-American woman billionaire. Up until today, Oprah still continues to influence people through her continued awareness for human rights, and both philanthropic and political activities.
- Hillary Clinton. Though Oprah is seen as the overall most influential woman in the world, Hillary Clinton is seen as the most recognized woman in US politics. Being the First Lady to former President Bill Clinton, a former US senator, and a former US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton has nearly made history by running for president in 2016 only to be defeated by current US President Donald Trump. Nevertheless, Hillary Clinton still continues to play an active role in politics, which makes her a very influential figure, especially among women.
- Sonia Gandhi. Sonia Gandhi is the wife of former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, who served the country from 1984 to 1989, which makes her no stranger in politics. Currently, she is India’s President of the National Congress as well as the leader of their United Progressive Alliance, which is the ruling party in the lower house of their parliament. She was once close to becoming the prime minister to India but refused to accept the position, choosing instead to remain in her current position in the country’s legislature. She believes that she would be able to serve her country more as a member of the legislature rather than being the nation’s prime minister, and this is what made her truly influential.
- Christine Amanpour. For being more than just a journalist under the CNN, Christine Amanpour is known to have contributed to providing people all over the world with honest and in-depth look into some of the world’s most difficult issues. In addition to that, she has also been noted for her willingness to cover a lot of the world’s most dangerous and war-torn nations, which all began with the 1990’s Gulf War and followed by the one in Bosnia. Today, she is still working under CNN—being their Chief International Consultant—and is seen not only as the ideal correspondent but also as an example of a strong and courageous woman in the world.
- Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner. The second woman to serve as president in Argentina and the first woman to be elected directly for the position, former President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner—sometimes referred to by her initials CFK—has come a long way from being the First Lady during her husband Nestor’s Presidency from 2003 to 2007. During her time as the country’s First Lady, she also served as a senator and an ambassador, and was very active in making public speeches. Her activeness in the political world made her an ideal successor to her husband, as well as being a great example to women that they are indeed capable of leading a nation even through the toughest situations.
Minimalist Ribbon Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Simplistic Portrait Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Pink Ribbon Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Elegant Decors Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Simple Calligraphic Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Delicious Chocolate Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
What Is a Greeting Card?
A greeting card is simply a folded piece of card stock or high quality paper—usually between 3.5 by 5 inches to 5 by 9 inches—that contains images and a short pre-written message and is given to either a family member, a relative, or a friend to express love or friendship. Inside the greeting card, the elements occupy only one page or one-half of the entire card stock, which leaves the other side blank and can be used by the sender to write their own message for the recipient.
While greeting cards are commonly given during special occasions such as Christmas, birthdays, thanksgiving, there are also greeting cards that have a general purpose and can be given at any time. The purpose of greeting cards is just as similar to that of traditional letters, wherein both of them are intended either for conveying a message of thanksgiving or for expressing emotions, though greeting cards are more creative because of the pre-printed elements.
Types of Greeting Cards
Greeting cards come in different styles, sizes, and themes, and some are meant for specific occasions while some are also intended for general use. Below is a list of the different types of greeting cards.
- Standard Greeting Cards. The most commonly used type of greeting card, wherein the design is printed on a rectangular card stock and is folded in two equal halves. The front page of this greeting card bears a picture or a decorative image, while the back simply contains the logo and name of the company that designed the greeting card. When the card is unfolded, it shows a pre-printed message on one-half of the card and the other half blank. The blank half of the inner pages can then be used by the sender to make a handwritten message for the recipient.
- Photo Greeting Cards. This type of greeting cards are further divided into two more subtypes, namely photo insert cards and printed photo cards. Photo insert cards have a small pocket and a hole is cut at the center of the card. A photo is then slid inside the pocket and will be seen from the hole giving it a framed-like appearance. On the other hand, printed photo cards already have the photo printed directly on to the card stock, and is usually accompanied with some decorative elements.
- Reusable Greeting Cards. The type of greeting cards for those who are tight on the budget. Some reusable greeting cards have slits or holders on them to secure the pages while some are inspired by notepads wherein the pages are stuck on to the back side of the card. If one were to use the greeting card again, the sender will only need to take out the existing page and replace it with a new one.
- Musical Greeting Cards. These are those greeting cards in which a MIDI music is played when the card is opened. The first-ever musical greeting cards were only able to play the “happy birthday to you” song, but the ones today are already capable of playing a wider range of songs.
- Electronic Greeting Cards. They are referred to as electronic greeting cards not because they were made using electronic devices and equipment, but because they are being sent to the recipient directly through the Internet. Unlike the other types of greeting cards, this one no longer needs to be printed, all that’s required from the recipient is to enter the email address of the recipient/s and to write a personalized message.
- Pop-Up Greeting Cards. As the name suggests, this type of greeting card features a pop-up 3D image or structure when the card is unfolded. Though pop-up greeting cards initially started as a more creative alternative to traditional children’s birthday cards, it has now been used for various types of events and occasions.
Pink Flowers Background Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Scooter Girl Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Minimalist International Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Red Rose Petals Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Colorful Abstract Background Women’s Day Greeting Card Design
Rosebud Background Women’s Day Layered Greeting Card Design
Were you able to find a particular Women’s Day greeting card that caught your interests? We sincerely hope you did. For one thing, these greeting card designs were selected from among piles of the most marvelous ones found on the Internet, and these were actually created by highly talented and imaginative graphic artists from all parts of the world. We guarantee that the quality of every single one of these designs are top-notch, that they will truly make all your money’s worth. You have our word.
With regards to the expense, you actually don’t need to spend a fortune to be able to download any of these artistic greeting card designs since these are priced very reasonably. And when it comes to whether these designs can be edited or not, they actually can but you will need to use the appropriate tool for editing them. If you choose to download PSD designs, then you will need to use Adobe Photoshop for it. Likewise, if you prefer vector-based designs, you will need to use Adobe Illustrator or any vector editing tool. So, what else are you waiting for? Go ahead and download your own greeting card design now.
10+ Blank Thank You Cards
11+ Rustic Thank You Cards
11+ Professional Thank You Cards
7+ Wedding Thank You Cards
8 Artistic Greeting Card Designs
7+ Vintage Travel Postcard Designs
7+ Retro Thank You Card Designs
9+ Square Business Card Templates – AI, Apple Pages, Ms Word
17+ Editable Identification Card Template Designs – PSD, AI, Word
9+ Designs for Wedding Planner Business Cards
12+Transparent Business Card Templates – Ms Word, AI, PSD, Publisher
12+ Business Card Designs for Landscapers
16+ Lawyers Business Card Templates – PSD, Ms Word
15+ Business Card Designs for Every Photographer
13+ Unique Pop Up Greeting Cards