Every time we meet new people, we always hope to make a lasting impression. Subconsciously, we hope the other person does the same. We tend to be more forgetful than we’d like, and no one wants to be in that awkward position of talking to a person whose name we’ve forgotten five minutes into the conversation.
During formal or corporate events, making an impression is everything. It’s the perfect avenue to gain new clients, investors, or potential employees. This is when business cards come in handy. If you’re a rookie in the professional world, or a corporation trying to create a new image, take a look at these business card designs. They can be downloaded and edited with ease to make your card look completely your own.
Digital Business Card
Simple Digital Fashion Designer Business Card Template
Creative Digital Tattoo Artist Business Card Template
Simple Digital Social Media Business Card Template
Creative Digital DJ Business Card Template
Digital Simple Business Card Template
Digital Transparent Business Card Template
Digital DJ Business Card
Mobile Digital Business Card
Digital Artist Business Card
Technology Business Card
Technology Business Card
Real Estate Business Card
Clean Real Estate Business Card
Classy Real Estate Business Card
Real Estate Agent Business Card
Professional Real Estate Business Card
A Formal Introduction
Traditionally, business cards were plain and basic with a black text on a white card. They were more for practicality and efficiency. As technology evolved and opened more doors for innovation and design, companies today use business cards as an extension of their brand and image. Their cards now come in more striking designs that set them apart from other businesses.
Business cards are usually shared during formal events when introductions are exchanged between two or more professionals.
- It’s a convenient way of contacting someone when you’d like to seek their professional advice, acquire some of their products or services for a certain event, or when you want to take part in a business venture with them.
- Beyond being convenient and accessible, business cards are a way to make you or your company memorable especially when you are still starting out.
- For startups, you need to be able to mingle with different kinds of professionals and give them your business card as a way of introducing yourself, making you or your company available to many business opportunities.
It’s important to put a lot of thought into your card designs because they represent who you are even when you’re not around. The people who have your cards should be able to get a clear image of who you are and what you do, and they should like what they see.
Your card is what gets people to contact you, not just because of the contact information you put out, but because of its overall impact. The more successful you become, the more coveted your cards will be. People will be the ones to look for you and your cards so they can reach you.
What Should Appear in a Business Card
There are different types of business cards for different types of professions but ultimately, their purpose is the same: to get people to contact you or your company. For people to be able to do that, all the necessary details should be included in your card:
- Make sure to include your name, company, or business affiliation. Let the people know who they are doing business with or at least, who they are talking to. If you represent a certain company or corporation, include your position in that company.
- Whether that’s a personal logo or a company logo, mark your business card with your identity. A logo is a representation of who you are as a professional, or what your company is all about if that’s who you’re representing. It’s a way of branding and having a consistent image.
- Don’t forget your contact information. This includes your office address, telephone and mobile number/s, fax number, mailing or e-mail addresses. Corporations usually indicate the contact details of their human resource department. Executives and department heads have their own business cards with their personal contact information.
- Social media accounts, although they are not always applicable to all business cards should be included if you do own one and use them to contact clients and customers. This depends on whether or not your company or professional career is active on social media, and is an alternative (and appropriate) way to reach you.
Once you’ve got all your essential information sorted out, you can then get into the creative aspect of making your business card: designing. If it’s a personal card, you have more liberty to use whatever design methods you prefer.
For company or corporate business cards, however, there may be a standard format depending on the image of your company. You may have to incorporate certain colors or typefaces to be consistent with the company’s image. Either way, your business card design is an avenue to be innovative and show what you or your company is all about. If you’re still a beginner in designing, a business card mock-up is ideal for a few tries.
Vector Business Card
Restaurant Vector Business Card
Vector Corporate Business Card
Vector Photographer Business Card
Christmas Business Card
Merry Christmas Business Card
Business Greeting Card
Thanksgiving Business Greeting Card
Holiday Business Greeting Card
Holiday Business Card
Happy Holiday Business Card
All Forms of Business Card Designs
- Technology Business Card Designs
Business cards for technology or IT companies usually have a more futuristic approach to their designs. There can be minimal use of colors but complex images or patterns to show dynamism. There are even transparent business cards to bring out the futuristic look.
Modern business cards don’t necessarily use text as labels for contact details. More often than not, modern designs simply make use of logos or icons of a telephone, envelope, or social media accounts to indicate their corresponding contact details.
- Designs for Digital or Graphic Artists and Disc Jockeys
Business card designs for graphic artists, DJ’s, and other digital artists have to be electric and avant-garde. They represent the thriving and constantly evolving world of the digital age.
Some card designs for DJ’s create images of an iPod or an electronic software used by disc jockeys to present their genre of electronic music. The cards can include the photo of the DJ or a personal logo with contact information at the back of the card.
Graphic artists and designers should be able to present their aesthetics in their business card designs by using colors and graphics that represent their work best.
For minimalist designs, you can simply use your personal logo with only the essential details like your mobile number, social media accounts, or website for your demos or sample works. Some would even opt for Quick Response (QR) Code as a way to get the most out of technology, while simplifying the content of their business cards.
- Designs for Real Estate
Business cards for real estate agents are more sleek and direct. They provide all the necessary details one would need to contact a real estate agent. They can include the logo of the realtor or real estate broker they represent, or their own personal logo. Most real estate business cards contain the address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address of the agent or broker. They can also include a catchy tagline for appeal.
Designs for real estate business cards can vary depending on the taste of the agent or broker. Your designs can be modern and sleek using monochromatic tones of black, white and gray; or you can go for traditional in natural colors with illustrations of houses or buildings.
- Business Card Designs for Creatives
Creative companies or a collective of artist go for the most striking and unconventional designs for their business cards. They have to be quirky but professional. All the essential should be available but can be presented in artistic ways.
Anything that best represents your collective should be used in your card— from bold or delicate typefaces to intriguing graphics or visuals. Creative business cards can be minimalist but striking. You can make use of accents in colors or font on anything you want to stand out on your card. Playing with shapes can also be used to your advantage. Square business cards are somewhat becoming a new trendsetter these days.
- Restaurant Business Card Design
A restaurant business card should best exude the theme or concept of a particular restaurant. Use similar typefaces and design elements used in your restaurant (like menus, design boards…etc.) for your business card. This is one way of creating a unique image for your restaurant and is an effective branding strategy.
Your card should contain the name and logo of your restaurant, its location or complete address. Put in contact details like an e-mail address, website, and telephone or fax numbers for inquiries and reservations. You can also include a tagline if you have one.
- Travel Agency Business Card Design
Travel agencies usually have lively and inviting business cards. Since travelling can be a costly investment, agencies should touch the emotional aspects of travel and recreation. Their business cards should be an extension of that.
Travel agency business cards incorporate bright and sunny colors to project a positive image. They can use photos of exotic destinations with a logo of an airplane or a globe. For more minimalist designs, an illustration or silhouette of an ocean wave or a coconut tree will do.
Business Invitation Card
Business Dinner Invitation Card
Business Event Invitation Card
Travel Business Card
Travel Agency Business Card
Travel Tours Business Card
World Traveler Business Card
Corporate Business Card Designs
Business cards for corporations are the epitome of professional and modern. The more direct, the better. Corporate business cards are simple and elegant with minimal visuals and straightforward text.
One side of the business card is usually reserved for the company logo. The other side is where all the contact information is found. Some cards are more traditional in content, with a clean typeface on plain background. The type of paper the business card is printed on also has a lot to do with the quality of the card. Some are embossed cards while other are matte or gloss cards.
Companies also produce business cards that are not purely used as a means of contacting the company. There are corporate business cards meant to bring the company closer to the employee—and vice versa—emotionally and professionally. Holiday greeting cards and business invites are perfect examples for this.
- Business Holiday Greeting Cards
Companies can greet their employees a merry Christmas or happy Thanksgiving in the form of business holiday greeting cards. The cards can contain a simple greeting in calligraphy font or images of snowflakes and fallen leaves with an inspiring quote.
Holiday greetings and business thank you cards are often signed by the company at the bottom of the card with the company logo and name. This is a simple and professional way of reaching out to the employees, and expressing gratitude for their service.
- Business Invitation Cards
Business dinner parties and events need invitation cards to inform your guests about the event. They contain all the necessary information one would need to prepare for a formal event: the date, time, venue, cause and dress code.
Business invitations have to be consistent with the theme and overall mood of the upcoming event. The invites should give the guest an idea of what’s to come; so you may or may not include an overview of the night’s program.
Your business invitation cards should also contain contact details for your guests to RSVP or be able to inquire about the event.
Why Use Business Cards
Business cards are an extension of who you are. Your card should be clear and accurate in representing you and your work. This also means that your cards should be given to the right people. These are the people who are inclined to your type of profession and can help you in your career.
- They are bridges you build to let other people and other business to reach you. These bridges, in the form of business cards, are designed in ways that best represent who you are and what you do. If your bridge is appealing, intriguing, and can lead the way to something greater, the right people will willingly cross it to meet you and do business with you.
- Basically, your business card is a way for you or your company to expand. They open doors for you filled with opportunities, if the quality of your work and your work ethics can live up to the standards.
- Making your business card is as fun as it is also serious work. A lot of thought is put into the designing of your cards, and can really improve your skills not just in designing, but in expressing who you are.
If you’re still having trouble in coming up with your own designs, don’t hesitate to get some ideas from our list of business card designs. These designs are here to help you in making your own unique designs that can best represent you or your company. They can be downloaded, and come in a series of formats that will make it easier for you to edit and manipulate them. What else are you waiting for?
Invitation Card Design
7+ Vintage Travel Postcard Designs
Thank You Card Design
7+ Food Menu Designs
9+ Square Business Card Designs
Business Card Designs
8 Most Innovative Business Card Designs
Square Business Card Designs
8+ Designs for Wedding Planner Business Cards ...
10+ Transparent Business Cards
Business Card Mockup Designs
45+ Card Designs
21+ Business Card Mockups
Premium Cards Designs
8+ Medical Business Cards