Any cafe, restaurant, or food establishment will have a menu as one of their key tools to getting more customers and, of course, sales. By having a menu, customers get to save time from making the effort to go to the counter to order or asking the server about all the food and beverages available.
In the restaurant industry, details are everything. Being creative will help your establishment in the long run, by starting with your menu design. Well made menu designs will entice your customers in ordering your food. Scroll down to see some examples and draw inspiration from.
Menu Board Template
Restaurant Menu Card Template
Simple Menu Card Template
Chalkboard Cafe Menu
Cafe Menu InDesign Template
Restaurant Cafe Menu
Blackboard Cafe Menu
A Menu’s Importance
A cafe menu, restaurant menu, bar menu, or any kind of menu are important, mainly for the reason of proper dissemination of information to your customers. It is essential that you are able to provide a menu to your customers for formality purposes.
It is a great practice to provide your guests with a menu for them to know what to order, and what to know about your food establishment. Menus can also be a great way to display your best sellers and promos on special items as well.
Who Uses Menus?
Cafes, restaurants, bars, or all non fast-food related establishments use menus, where customers don’t have to go to the counter to order but are attended by waiters or servers.
Most high-end restaurants use a variety of menus to keep all their food and beverage organized and for customers to browse through their different dishes and courses easily.
Small establishments like cafe usually have menu cards for their customers to browse through their different food and beverages. Well thought out menu card designs will help a lot with the presentation. Other cafes list down the food and beverage they have available in menu boards rather than small menus.
Cafe Menu Board
Colorful Cafe Menu Design
Italian Cafe Menu
Trifold Cafe Menu
Variety of Cafe Menu Designs
From simple menu designs to unique and quirky ones, we have what you need to cover a variety of themes for you to choose from to start creating your own. Below are examples on some of the menu design templates you can download or take inspiration from:
- Chalkboard cafe menu – These types of cafe menu designs are often used int cafes and other small food establishments. The menu is usually written on a chalkboard for a classic and vintage appeal. These are also used for a European themed cafe. This design is very effective if your restaurant frequently changes its menu; changes in the content is very easy. This design is also straightforward and simple, yet very eye-catching.
- Colorful cafe menu design – You can often find these types of cafe menu designs used in cafes that reflect a fun, creative and colorful vibe. These designs may contain different quotes on the pages just to keep guests entertained. These also have abstract and funky decorations to make the menu look artistic but not cluttered. They also have spaces for you to place pictures of your food and drinks, descriptions about them, additional information about your cafe, or any other details, such as promos you might have.
- Italian cafe menu – These types of cafe menu designs are often used by cafes that have an Italian theme. Having an Italian themed menu is a great match to the cafes main theme, and a touch of rustic designs and appealing bright colors tie the Italian look together.
Cafes are not the only food establishments that use menus for their customers, but other establishments that serve food and drinks to guests or customers use menus as their medium of communication. Catering services, for example, also use a variety of party menu designs to inform customers of the different food and beverages they will be serving during an event.
Bakery Cafe Menu
Blank Cafe Menu
Cafe Menu Bifold
Coffee Cafe Menu
Cafe Food Menu
Placing Details in Your Cafe Menu
For cafe owners who are just starting in the business, providing your customers with a creative menu design may be a good approach, but giving them all the details about your food would be great. Achieving both will give you the perfect recipe for success. Below are a few details you should place in your cafe menu:
- Product details – This is highly important, as customers would want to know how your dishes were made and the ingredients used to make them. You don’t have to go into all the details and ingredients, just add the most important ones.
- Product images – This is not a required detail, but if should you wish to include, make sure that you use high resolution images of your food and beverages. Most customers will be visual about food presentation and would like to know the look of your dishes or beverages. This will also entice them and encourage more orders, especially if they see how good your photos look in your menu. You can also place additional images like your company logo or pictures of your establishment.
- Menu decorations – These are optional, but placing decorations in the interior of your menu will help you show creativity and keep your customers entertained with different colors and design details. Be sure your decorations will match your menu’s main theme to keep them in unison.
For event menu designs, product images and descriptions are optional, as previews or list of food and beverages are all you need for your guests to be informed.
Cafe Drinks Menu
Vintage Cafe Menu
Cafe Menu Card Design
A4 Black Cafe Menu
Restaurant Cafe & Bar Menu
Cafe & Bar Menu
3 Fold Square Cafe Restaurant Menu
Folding Cafe Menu
Coffee Music Cafe Tri-fold Menu
Simple Cafe Menu Design
Creating Your Cafe Menu Design
Before you can even start to create your own cafe menu design, you will still need to think of the details you will have to place in them to create the perfect output. Today, food establishments are as competitive as ever, which is why you will also have to create your own unique design to be at par with the other establishments. Below are some tips on creating your own cafe menu design:
- Think of a theme – Having a theme will give you a clear thought on how to create your designs. A tip: refer to your cafe’s main theme to have a uniform theme for both your menu and your cafe.
- Use the templates as reference – If you need help with additional details you may want to place in your cafe menu, you can always use the variety of templates available as your reference. Want chalkboard menu designs? Use a chalkboard menu design template! This saves you so much time and effort.
7+ Food Menu Designs
20+ Coffee Vectors
10+ CD/DVD Label Designs
Visual to Look Out in 2017
Top UX to look for in 2016 Graphic
10 Beautiful Landscape Photography Design
Beautiful Photography by Gaston Lacombe in Antarctica Design ...
14+ Restaurant Packaging Designs
Exceptional packaging and design 2016 Graphic
Awesome Coffee Logo Designs
14+ Food Illustrations
20+ Quote Poster Designs
Beautiful Manga Designs Graphic
50 Best Restaurant WordPress Themes
Beautiful Manga Designs Graphic