You may have noticed menus at restaurants or any place where you can expect to be able to choose food from a given selection such as airlines, parties, or others. Being that menus are attempting to convince their clients to buy the food, it would only be natural for the menu to make the food as attractive and appetizing as possible.
To that end, the menu designs available here might be just what you need if you have a restaurant, or are organizing an event. These vintage-themed templates can give you menus with a particular aesthetic, perfect if you want a particular character for an event or your restaurant.
Vintage Wedding Menu
Vintage Style Wedding Menu
Vintage Wedding Food Menu
Vintage Cocktail Menu
Vintage Cocktail Party Menu
Vintage Cocktail Club Menu
Vintage Dinner Menu
Vintage Christmas Dinner Menu
Vintage Wedding Dinner Menu
Vintage Cafe Menu
Restaurant Cafe Menu
Vintage Cafe Menu Card
What about Vintage Menu Templates?
Menus are, put simply, cards on which are printed lists of the foods available at a given restaurant. This also includes the prices for each item, as well as potential descriptions of the food if they happen to be foreign or exotic in some manner.
It goes without saying that restaurant menu designs are meant to try and sell a given restaurant’s offerings to their clientele, much like other documents that could be used to advertise restaurants such as restaurant banner designs and restaurant mockups. In a way, a restaurant’s menu is much like an invitation to a party. They are most attendees first impressions of what to expect, and it is expected that both kinds of documents will try to make their parent event as appealing as possible in order to attract people to come. This might be an explanation for why many restaurants feature pictures of their food, to convince paying customers of the appeal of what is on offer.
There are other ways menus can make themselves appealing to their customer base, namely in the menu’s design itself. Again, like an invitation, menus are actually capable of setting the mood of the establishment, so to speak. The theme of a given invitation can provide indicators of what the occasion will be like without necessarily looking at the content. Menus are similar, as they tend to match the tone and theme of whatever it is they represent, giving the same indicators as an invitation.
A menu is actually uniquely equipped to deal with the business of introducing clients to the restaurant. Generally, one might go so far as to say that a menu’s secondary function is to provide those kinds of clues to its clients, including such things as the atmosphere and even an idea of the cuisine, assuming the name of the restaurant is not a complete giveaway. In short, it is not really enough for a menu to just list the food the restaurant serves, as the menu can say much more than that.
How Can You Make Them?
Being that menus are able to tell their customers more than is actually expected of them, it is not surprising that the menu’s design becomes such a factor. After all, if the menu is able to communicate all that information to any readers, it is only thanks to the elements of design. All the potential design choices could be said to have a hand in the menu being able to say all that it needs to. With that in mind, some of the possible design approaches that can help a menu speak include:
- Themed – Some restaurants and events possess a particular theme, such as basing the restaurant’s identity and aesthetic on the culture of the country whose cuisine they serve. This is a fairly simple theme for a menu in general, as it simply takes its cue from the restaurant’s theme.
- Minimalist – Some menus, like anything else can elect to use a deliberately minimalist design. This can actually fit in with the idea of vintage-themed menus, particularly if the idea is to make the menus seem more formal. In the event the menus are made in a minimalist style, the menu’s content is allowed to shine, as the design would preclude the inclusion of flourishes like photos of the food.
- Image-Based – On the other hand, some restaurants deliberately include images of their food. This is so as to present customers with some idea of what the food looks like before they actually order. The inclusion of photos can be a golden opportunity for the restaurant to get their customers’ mouths watering before ever actually doing anything.
Vintage Christmas Menu
Vintage Black Christmas Menu
Retro Christmas Party Menu Template
Vintage Menu Card
Vintage Restaurant Menu Card
Vintage Wedding Menu Card
Vintage Ornamental Menu Card
Vintage Rustic Menu Card
Vintage Coffee Menu
Vintage Coffee Shop Menu
Vintage Coffee House Menu
Vintage Coffee Menu Banners Board
What Are You Looking for in a Menu?
It is clear by now that there are several viable design choices available for your menu card designs. Much like finding an effective restaurant logo, it is a way for a restaurant to advertise itself. But in spite of those possible approaches to design, there are still some elements every kind of menu has in common. Regardless of what kind of menu design you use like party menu designs, the menus should still have the same qualities in order to be effective at what they have to do. Some of those qualities include:
- Interesting – It has been established that menus can be a means of advertising what a restaurant has available, in their own way, especially given that these are much like retro brochure designs. With that in mind, it is important that the menus represent the restaurant well. One could argue that the menu has the responsibility to ensure that the restaurant and its cuisine are presented in an appealing manner. While that includes making sure that the food sounds appetizing, the menu must also be well-made so as to support the idea that the restaurant is a competent, professional establishment.
- Complete – In addition to being interesting, the menu also has to list down everything the restaurant has to offer. As something that represents the restaurant, it is important that the menu also give a complete list of everything served there so as to give customers a complete idea of what it is they can eat. This also serves to make the restaurant look more professional as it is more capable of catering to every kind of customer who walks in.
- Detailed – This is another important quality that menus should have. While some of the dishes on the menu may be common knowledge to many of the customers who enter, it does not hurt to include descriptions of those dishes. This is not only for the purpose of informing customers of what every dish is, but could just as easily have a health aspect to it. After all, some customers may be allergic to certain foods, and listing a description of each dish can give such customers an idea of whether it would be safe to eat such dishes or not.
Vintage Food Menu
Retro Restaurant Menu Template
Vintage Classic Food Menu
Vintage Food Menu Template
Vintage Food Menu Design
Vintage Restaurant Menu
Vintage Restaurant Menu Flyer
Elegant Restaurant Menu Card
Classic Restaurant Menu Card
Retro Restaurant Menu Template
What Species of Menu Are There?
Just as there are a number of choices with regard to what design approach to use, there are also a number of ways to classify each type of menu and restaurant brochure design. Some establishments tend to keep more than one type of menu according to what each menu lists such as drinks. There are also other tools that can feature a restaurant’s offerings including things like pizza flyer templates. Naturally, you also have that option with these vintage menus. Some of the possible ways to group your own menus can include:
- Event Menu – Restaurants are not the only place where you could have a selection of food choices. Some other places where you could have just such a selection include events and functions such as parties. These kinds of parties can feature a limited menu from which guests can choose. These choices may not be as extensive as an actual restaurant, but being given the opportunity to choose still provides you with some flexibility in your choices.
- Standard Menu – As the name implies, this is the standard menu you can expect to find in most restaurants, featuring food and drink, along with lists of prices. This is the most basic type of menu, but everything you would find relevant can generally be found here. This means that all the restaurant’s offerings are listed on these kinds of menus, as well as the standard elements of design and all the necessary elements of a successful menu.
- Cafe Menu – Cafe menus differ from most other menus in how specific their selections are. Most cafes only offer coffee-related drinks (both hot and cold), and some snacks and pastries to go with the drinks. However, this specialized selection does not exclude cafe menus from having the same traits as any other menu. It is still a list of what a restaurant has to offer and descriptions, so nothing essential differs. As such, a cafe’s tools like coffee shop brochures still have the same requirements as any other, albeit it is possible to modify the designs so as to take advantage of a cafe’s concern with coffee and snacks.
- Ancillary Menu – Restaurants can elect to separate some of their selections into sub-menus. This can be seen in the case of desserts and drinks, particularly liquor. This approach can allow restaurants to better organize their selections so that each sub-category need only feature the relevant offerings. With that in mind, it is possible to tweak the design of these menus to better fit in with the fact that each menu has a specific area of responsibility with regard to its selections.
It should be very clear by now that there is far more to menus than just listing down whatever a restaurant has to offer. If anything, a menu is as capable of contributing to the atmosphere of a restaurant as the lighting and decor. So if you wanted some kind of vintage-themed menu, you can very likely find what you are looking for in these selections available here.
16+ Chalkboard Menu Designs - Premium PSD ...
Menu Card Design - Premium PSD, Vector ...
40+ Menu Designs - PSD, EPS Format - Premium ...
23+ Wedding Menu Templates - Premium PSD ...
Party Menu Designs - Premium PSD, Vector ...
12+ Catering Menu Designs - Premium PSD, Vector ...
7+ Food Menu Designs - Premium PSD, Vector ...
30+ Chalkboard Menu Designs - Premium PSD ...
12+ Catering Menu Designs - Premium PSD, Vector ...
16+ Modern Menu Designs - Premium PSD, Vector ...
Menu Design - Premium PSD, Vector Downloads
23+ Cafe Menu Designs - Premium PSD, Vector ...
16+ Blank Menu Designs - PSD, Vector Format Download Design ...
17+ Minimalist Menu Designs - Premium PSD ...
10+ Event Menu Designs - Premium PSD, Vector ...