Have you decided what you want for Christmas? Has anyone asked you about it? Or have you already thought of what you want to get for yourself? I don’t mean to sound like a bad influence, but if you are given a chance, an Android TV may be an awesome thing to ask for, and you don’t necessarily have to ask for it, you may simply buy it as a gift for yourself.
With Android TVs, you may be able to do the things that you will normally do on mobile devices running the Android operating system, but on a larger screen and with a faster response time. You may be able to surf the Internet, stream online music and videos, and even play video games. Whether you already own an Android TV or not, if you are a game enthusiast, you may be interested in checking out our list below for some of the best video games that you can play on Android TVs.
However, if you already own an Amazon Fire TV, then you may proceed to our separate list of the best games to play on a Fire TV.
NBA Jam (2010)
Developer/s: Electronic Arts
Publisher/s: Electronic Arts
Release Date on Android: October 5, 2010
Release Date of Latest Update: February 8, 2017
Rating on Google Play Store: 4.3 out of 5 Stars
NBA Jam is a basketball video game developed and published by Electronic Arts and was released for Android devices on October 5, 2010, with its most recent update released on February 8, 2017. This game is the updated and enhanced version of the one that was developed by Midway and was released back in 1993 for the arcade platform. With regards to being updated, it doesn’t only refer to the now-high definition graphics but also the roster for each team.
With regards to its graphics, it makes use of a unique style wherein high-resolution photographs of the heads of the players are being superimposed on computer-generated 3D bodies. Two photographs are being used for each player, wherein one is used as the normal facial expression and the other is when they get excited or hyped up, which is when they hit a three-pointer or are able to make a successful slam dunk.
Just like the original game back in 1993, this new title involves a two-on-two basketball game, with an unrealistic yet entertaining slam dunk feature and a no-holds-barred gameplay. What the latter means is that there are no fouls, out-of-bounds, and backcourt violations to this game; the only rules applied to this game are the defensive goaltending and the 24-second violation.
In NBA Jam, you can choose from over thirty official NBA teams, and you are also allowed to choose the players that you want to play for that team. There are also four different modes that you can play this game:
- Play Now. You will simply need to choose a team and then you can right away get into the game.
- Classic Campaign. Choose your team, defeat the other 29 teams, and then unlock legends, hidden players, and even some cheats.
- Local Multiplayer. Go against a friend with a local multiplayer game connected either via Bluetooth or WiFi.
- Online Multiplayer. Login to your Google+ accounts to be able to play online with people who are within your Google+ circle of friends.
Aside from being released for the arcade platform, the original version of this game was also released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1993. For more of the best games that were ever released for that gaming console, check out our list of the best SNES games of all time.
Real Racing 3
Developer/s: Firemonkeys Studios
Publisher/s: Electronic Arts
Release Date on Android: February 28, 2013
Release Date of Latest Update: December 4, 2017
Rating on Google Play Store: 4.4 out of 5 Stars
Real Racing 3 is a racing game developed by Firemonkeys Studios and published by Electronic Arts and was originally released for Android devices on February 28, 2013. It is the third entry to the Real Racing video game series, with the first one released exclusively for the iOS in 2009 and its follow-up entry in 2010 which was also released for Android, Windows Phone 8, and Mac OS X. Though this game still received a lot of praises and good reviews upon its release, it was less favorable than its predecessors, mainly because of its freemium nature. What this means is that while you may be able to download the game for free, the enhancements that you can do to your car are only available through in-app purchases, which involves real money.
The game includes over 19 racetracks that are based from real-world racing venues, over 200 officially licensed cars from 33 widely-known car manufacturers which include but are not limited to Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Ford, Ferrari, and McLaren. A new feature to this game that helps to make the game experience even more realistic is the maintenance of vehicles, which is required from players to be able to keep up with the races, and this requires in-game currency as well as real-world time.
When starting the game, players will undergo a few tutorials, after which they will be required to buy their first car, which can either be a Nissan Silvia or a Ford Focus. At this point, the player will start at Driver Level 0 and will be able to level up by gaining “fame points” depending on their performance in the race. Once a player is already able to accumulate enough points, they will be able to reach a higher level as well as be rewarded with in-game cash.
There are over twelve types of the race featured in this game:
- Cup. The most basic race type that involves at least 9 to a maximum of 21 opponents in several laps.
- NASCAR. A type of race wherein it starts with the cars rolling already. NASCAR cars are being used for this race, and players will have to compete against up to 42 opponents.
- Formula E. Another type of race wherein the cars are already rolling at the start and involves manual controls and no brakes. If a player’s car runs out of battery, they are automatically eliminated from the race.
- Elimination. A type of race that involves 7 opponents and the car in the last place is eliminated every 20 seconds.
- Endurance. A type of race commonly seen in arcades, wherein the player is given 60 seconds at the start and must reach a certain distance before it runs out. The player will be rewarded with a few seconds on their timer if they are able to overtake opponents or reach a lap.
- Head-to-Head. A type of race very similar to Cup, but players will only need to race against a single opponent.
- Autocross. Players will need to complete a certain area of a track within a given time.
- Speed Record. Players will be required to reach a certain speed in the course of a single lap.
- Speed Snap. A type of race that combines elements from both Autocross and Speed Record, wherein players will need to complete a certain area of a track and must reach the finish line at a specific speed.
- Drag Race. A race that involves two cars, but with up to three opponents taking turns.
- Hunter. A type of race wherein the opponent is given a head start against the player, and the player will then need to try to either reduce the gap or overtake the opponent by the end of the track.
- Time Trial. Players will need to complete a lap in the least time possible without all four tires going out of bounds or bumping into walls.
Since the year is almost ending, you may as well check out our list of the best mobile games that were released in 2017.
Genre: First Person, Role Playing
Developer/s: Madfinger Games
Publisher/s: Madfinger Games
Release Date on Android: September 3, 2015
Release Date of Latest Update: August 14, 2017
Rating on Google Play Store: 4.5 out of 5 Stars
Unkilled is a horror first-person shooter video game developed and published by Madfinger Games, and was released for mobile devices on September 2, 2015. Madfinger Games is the same mobile game development company responsible for the creation of the Dead Trigger titles. In fact, Unkilled has been considered as the spiritual successor to Dead Trigger 2.
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic New York City overrun by zombies, and the player takes control of Joe, who is a member of a private military unit called WOLFPACK. This military unit has been tasked in eliminating all zombie threats before matters get even worse, and it is up to Joe to lead the unit in dealing with the zombie outbreak.
Players may be able to enjoy the game in a single-player campaign, with over 150 missions with an awesome storyline. In this game mode, players may encounter a variety of enemies and bosses which include the SHERIFF, DODGER, and the BUTCHER. On the other hand, players may also take on other gamers from all over the world with the online PvP multiplayer game mode. In addition to the multiplayer mode, there is also a Skirmish Ops option wherein players may be able to build their own zombie army that they can deploy to other player’s bases.
To fully immerse yourself in this intense game, you may want to wear a good pair of headphones. Thankfully, we have a list of the best gaming headsets that you may want to read.
This War of Mine
Genre: Survival, Strategy
Developer/s: 11-Bit Studios; War Child
Publisher/s: 11-Bit Studios
Release Date on Android: July 14, 2015
Release Date of Latest Update: July 27, 2017
Rating on Google Play Store: 4.5 out of 5 Stars
This War of Mine is a strategic survival video game developed and published by a Polish game development company called 11-Bit Studios (stylized as 11-bit studios), but for the mobile device versions, it was developed by War Child. This game was initially released for the Windows, OS X, and Linux systems in 2014, but eventually made its way to mobile devices and consoles in 2015 and 2016, respectively.
The game is loosely based on the Siege of Saravejo during the Bosnian War that occurred from 1992 to 1995. Unlike most war-themed video games that put players on the frontline combat itself, this one focuses on the civilians’ experiences during the war. This game allows players to conquer difficult situations in order to survive the day-to-day dangers, and there are multiple endings to the game depending on the decisions made by the player.
Key features of the game include
- controlling the survivors and managing their shelter;
- crafting various equipment that can aid in your survival which includes weapons, cooking devices, and even beds;
- complex decision-making processes that are often unforgiving and emotionally struggling; and
- randomized world and characters for a whole new experience every time you start a game.
King of Fighters ’98
Developer/s: SNK Corporation
Publisher/s: SNK Corporation
Release Date on Android: July 24, 2014
Release Date of Latest Update: March 21, 2017
Rating on Google Play Store: 4.3 out of 5 Stars
The King of Fighters ’98 is a fighting game both developed and published by SNK Corporation. This game was first released for the arcade platform in 1998, followed by various ports that were released from the late ’90s to the early 2000s. The game was eventually ported to mobile devices and was released on July 24, 2014. Among all the titles in the King of Fighters game series, this one is considered to be one of the best. This entry has been praised by its fans from all over the world because of its perfect game balance.
For this port of the game, players may be able to choose between two game modes, which are referred to as the “Extra” and “Advanced,” and it also features a “Training” mode to allow players to master the different combos offered by the characters. With regards to the characters, there are over 38 playable fighters to choose from, each with their own unique move sets and abilities. For those wanting to challenge their friends to a duel, they may also take advantage of its Bluetooth Multiplayer Mode for an, even more, epic and unforgettable experience.
In addition, this game also found its way to the Super NES gaming console, and if you want to see more, check out another list of the best Super Nintendo games ever released.
18+ Gambling Tattoo Designs, Ideas Design Trends - Premium ...
20+ Basement Game Room Designs, Ideas Design Trends ...
23+ Game Room Designs, Decorating Ideas Design Trends ...
20+ Kids Game Room Designs, Ideas Design Trends - Premium ...
20+ Game Contoller Logo Designs, Ideas, Examples Design ...
Game of Thrones Inspired Home Decor Items Design Trends ...
10 Best Mobile Games of 2017 Design Trends - Premium PSD ...
PC Gammer Game of the Year Awards 2016 Design Trends ...
Best Iphone Games of 2016 Design Trends - Premium PSD, Vector ...
The Ten Best Nintendo Switch Games as of August 2017 Design ...
The 10 Most Anticipated PlayStation 4 Games of Q3-Q4 2017 ...
10 Upcoming Xbox One Games from Late 2017 to Early 2018 ...
The Best Super Nintendo Games of All Time Design Trends ...
Install and Champion the 10 best PC games in 2016 Design ...
The Best Super NES Games of All Time Design Trends - Premium ...