When you use a software program to create your designs, there will be times when the software program’s stock effects won’t be enough for you to achieve the desired effect you want your design to have. This is when you need to rely on custom shaped effects or textures if you want to use specific details in your design.
There are also different types of texture designs you can use to put more details to your designs, but we will be providing you with different types of wood textures for you to use. This would also be a good opportunity for you to experiment on different wood effects.
White Wood Texture
Black and White Wood Texture
Weathered White Wood Texture
Distressed White Wood Texture
White Wood Floor Texture
Why Do Designs Need Textures?
Imagine sketching a portrait out of pen and paper and create excellent sketched pieces of art. The final output would look good, but it would lack features, making it look dull. In that case, you would need to apply details like colors and shadows to your drawings to give it more texture and therefore, making it look more unique from all the rest.
The same theory applies when making a digital design. You need textures to make your work stand out.
Are They Important?
Yes, textures are important if you want to have an appealing design. Textures can sometimes make up 50% of a design while the other fifty contains the base, or the skeleton of your design. Textures can be used to create more detailed designs, making it more appealing and unique.
Since applying textures will add more details to a design, they are also often used to create floor designs. For example, different types of seamless wood textures are incorporated to floor designs to adding more detail to interior design presentations.
Seamless Wood Texture
Free Seamless Wood Texture
High Resolution Seamless Wood Texture
Seamless Dark Wood Texture
Seamless Wood Grain Texture
Where You Can Use these Designs?
Wood textures were not only made to be an additional tool you can use to decorate specific designs, but were also made to stand alone as a main foundation to bring a design together. Below are some other uses for wood textures :
- Use them as invitation decorations. You can use the different wood textures as a main design for invitations that to a party or event that may have a country theme.
- Use them as backdrop. The wood texture templates are commonly used as backdrops for forest-themed events or programs.
- Incorporate with menu design. You can also use these wood textures as a menu design for restaurants that have a country or rustic them. You can also apply the same wood texture as a floor plan for the interior design.
- Use them as floor plan designs. You can apply different wood textures to your interior designs, letting you decorate your work with wood effects for a more unique look.
A good addition to your wood texture collection would be some vintage wood textures. These can help enhance your work by giving them a vintage feel that would also match vintage type interior settings. Our website can provide you with more templates you can download for free and tips on how to use them.
How Have These Textures Help Us?
They have mainly helped designers or users create specific wood effects with less time and effort than creating the effects themselves. Since the different wood textures were originally made as vectors, you can get high quality designs when you include them in your work, rather than using JPEG images that may be pixelated and have low quality.
Vintage Wood Texture
Free Vintage Wood Texture
Vintage Grunge Wood Texture
Vintage Wood Texture Vector
Wood Plank Texture
Dark Wood Plank Texture
Old Wood Plank Texture
Seamless Wood Plank Texture
Preparing to Create Your Design
To achieve a good output, you must also know certain materials and ideas to prepare. Below are some tips to take note of when preparing to create your designs. It would also be advisable to follow these tips to avoid any problems in the future:
- Think of a theme for your design. An important detail not to miss when creating your design is to always have a theme or a foundation for your artwork to revolved around. This is also to give you an idea on what decorations, textures, and other methods you should place in your output.
- Check your computers for any computer viruses. You should also do regular computer scans on your desktops or laptops to secure your computers from any viruses that may disrupt its ability to create or save your work. This is to help prevent from files being corrupted in your computer as well.
- Secure all the software programs you need. To create the most unique digital designs, you should have the most advanced software programs to use.
- Create for fun. Last but not the least, have fun while creating your designs. “A happy person, creates a happy artwork.”
Another texture you can use when creating floor designs are painted wood textures. These types of textures mostly have colorful wood effects you can apply to your designs.
Rustic Wood Texture
Rustic Wood Texture Vector
Seamless Rustic Wood Texture
Dark Rustic Wood Texture
Old Wood Texture
Old Barn Wood Texture
Old Scratched Wood Texture
Old White Wood Texture
Black Wood Texture
Old Black Wood Texture
Seamless Black Wood Texture
Black Wood Texture PSD
Dark Wood Texture
Tileable Dark Wood Texture
Dark Grey Wood Texture
Dark Wood Floor Texture
Distressed Wood Texture
Distressed Wood Texture Vector
Free Distressed Wood Texture
Grey Wood Texture
Light Grey Wood Texture
Grey Wood Floor Texture
Seamless Grey Wood Texture
Tileable Wood Texture
Tileable Wood Plank Texture
Tileable Light Wood Texture
Grunge Wood Texture
Blue Grunge Wood Texture
Green Grunge Wood Texture
Old Grunge Natural Wood Texture
Wood Texture Vector
Dark Wood Texture Vector
Seamless Wood Texture Vector
Wood Grain Texture Vector
Wood Floor Texture
Tileable Wood Floor Texture
Wood Panel Texture
Dark Wood Panel Texture
White Wood Panel Texture
Wood Texture PSD
Wood Grain Texture PSD
Old Wood Texture PSD
Who Can Use These Templates?
The different types of templates we have on our website are made for everyone to enjoy and create art with. However, there are certain individuals who use wood texture templates as part of their arsenal of tools when creating a variety of artwork. Below are a few examples of some individuals who frequently use wood texture templates:
- Event organizers. Event organizers often use wood texture templates to create different rustic-themed invitations they can include when promoting various events packages. These templates have helped them create unique invitations easily.
- Graphic designers. Graphic designers are the most common professionals who incorporate wood texture templates in their designs. These have also helped them save time and improve creativity.
- Architects or home designers. Home designers or architects also use wood textures in applying wood effects to their designs. They can be used as wallpaper and floor designs to achieve a rustic feel for interior settings.
- Photographers. Photographers, at times, will apply wood textures to their pictures, especially when they want to create a specific effect for their photos.
In the meantime, you can also try applying grunge wood textures as a backdrop to your poster designs or use them as a backdrop for banners in a rustic-themed event.
17+ Texture Brushes - Premium PSD, Vector ...
20+ Metal Textures - Free PSD, PNG, Vector EPS ...
22+ Sand Textures - Free PSD, PNG, Vector EPS Format Download ...
13+ Noise Textures - Free PSD, PNG, Vector EPS Format Download ...
30+ Grunge Patterns, Backgrounds, Textures ...
20+ Leather Textures - Free PSD, PNG, Vector EPS ...
90+ Grunge Textures - Free PSD, PNG, Vector EPS ...
32+ Carpet Textures, Patterns, Backgrounds ...
23+ Amazing Silver Textures Textures - Premium ...
17+ Wall Textures PSD, PNG, Vector EPS ...
40+ Snow Textures - PSD, PNG, Vector EPS ...
18+ Cane Textures, Patterns, Backgrounds ...
15+ Brick Textures - PSD, PNG, Vector EPS ...
30+ Hardwood Backgrounds, Wallpapers, Images, Pictures Design ...
25+ Chalkboard Textures - Free PSD, PNG, Vector EPS Format ...