Advertising can take several different forms, especially if you intend to print something out. Some of your potential options include flyers, posters, billboards, and, of course, banners. Banners are an effective way of generating some interest for any event you may have planned. And for greater convenience, you should be able to find many Banner Designs online.
Historically, banners have been used for several reasons, including identification of certain persons, or religious purposes. In a way, those can be seen as advertising of a sort, as they still broadcast certain ideas for other people to see. Of course, nowadays, banners are not quite used for that purpose, though there are bodies that still use them as such. In any case, no one can really deny that banners make an effective means of communicating information visually.
Printable Birthday Banner
Diy Printable Birthday Banner
Printable Celebration Birthday Banner
Printable Christmas Banner
Printable Christmas Party Banner
Printable Party Banner
Tea Party Floral Baby Shower Banner
What Are Banners?
Banners, to put it simply, can be described as a cloth bearing a symbol or slogan of some kind. In the past, they were used as a form of identification by the nobility as they could contain a given man’s coat of arms, proclaiming him for all to see. This was especially helpful in less literate societies; few could have read in those days, but identifying symbols was a skill that really only required one’s eyes and a knowledge of heraldry.
Nowadays, banners are generally a form of advertising. Where once people placed heraldry on banners to proclaim their identities, now they place symbols and slogans to proclaim ideas of all kinds, like with Corporate Banners. Naturally, being a kind of advertising, banners can have all kinds of ideas featured on them, from corporate advertising to popular media such as movie-themed party banners. Like all sorts of advertising, banners are a flexible tool that can broadcast all kinds of ideas to other people.
What Are Their Uses?
One can tell that banners are primarily an advertising tool, as evidenced by Advertising Banners. That can be seen to have been true even in the days when people used them to identify themselves; rather than advertise an idea, they advertised a person or family or some other idea distinct from their modern connotation. Specifically, some other uses of banners include:
- Identification – As already mentioned, banners can and have served as a means of identifying people since medieval times. Some places still continue such practices, but they are relatively few, being that literacy is universal now. However, some modern banners can still be considered tools of identification. Many companies and other entities develop their own corporate symbols that are associated with the company and can be viewed as a kind of shorthand for the entity itself.
- Religion – Religions, particularly many Christian churches, use banners and symbols as a way of spreading their dogmas in some way. In some Christian churches, for example, banners are a means of representing ideas and broadcasting those ideas to the believers. One can view such trappings of the faith as a kind of shorthand so that the faithful can see their faith in as simple a way as possible.
- Symbolism – Banners can also serve as a representation of abstract concepts in general, such as that of nations. For example, every nation in the world possesses a flag that serves as a representation of that nation. There are elements in every flag that correspond to aspects of the nation and its history so that all who see it can be given an abbreviated history of the nation. One particularly modern use of banners is in Fitness Banners, which can be a symbol of good health from proper diet and exercise.
- Politics – In the modern world, many people have grown used to the idea of having some kind of say in government, thanks to the spread of ideas like democracy. As such, it is much easier for people to make their views known to their leaders. To that end, it is more than possible for people to make their own banners for political purposes, such as rallies, marches, or others. Given that people are allowed to express their own views, there is no reason that they cannot either find or make banners to proclaim their ideas for others to read.
Printable Diy Banner
Printable Wedding Banner
Wedding Invitation Banner
Personalised Wedding Banner
Printable Vintage Banner
Princess Themed Birthday Party Banner
Vintage Banners and Ribbons
Vintage Coffee Shop Banner
Anniversary Sale Banner
Anniversary Party Banner
Printable Golf Banner
Golf Training Banner
Golf Retirement Party Banner
Golf Party Banner
Do It Yourself Banners: What to Expect
Whatever you may end up using your own banners for, there are some things to consider when making them. No matter their intended purpose, most banners have a number of things in common that you may expect to find on the ones you want to use, even if they happen to be something like an Abstract Banner. These common elements are exactly what allow banners to assist you with broadcasting whatever message you want to impart. These elements can include:
- Thesis Statement – Just like with written works, like essays, a banner has a central element to it that encapsulates exactly what the banner, as a whole, wishes to say. In the case of medieval banners, this would be the coat of arms, or in a modern banner, this could be a central image or some kind of slogan or message that captures the central point.
- Images – One can also include secondary images in support of the central point, particularly if the thesis statement is itself not an image. This is another way that a banner can get its point across, which is important given that a banner can be considered an image-oriented way of proclaiming a message. One good example is Restaurant Banners, where it would be important to have attractive imagery.
- Theme – Many modern banners possess a theme, especially if they are for advertising something. Much like other forms of advertising, banners are usually trying to convince people, or broadcast certain ideas. One needs to only look at the prevalence of holiday and pop culture-themed banners and other ads to understand. In any case, many banners usually have a theme that matches what they want to say to help underline that particular point.
- Eye-Catchers – Eyecatchers in this context refers to little details related to the theme of the banner that can serve to gain the attention of viewers. This refers to little touches in a banner, such as hearts, logos, and others. For example, in a Valentine-themed banner, you can expect to see little Heart Designs to underline the idea of Valentine’s Day. In a Christmas banner, you might see Christmas-themed details like Christmas trees and ornaments.
- Slogan – Banners are also a good way to display written messages directly, such as corporate slogans. This makes banners a good way of advertising directly, as they can clearly broadcast any messages that you want them to. This can also be seen in religious banners, which can carry short passages and prayers so that their points can more easily be absorbed by the faithful. In any case, this is another way that banners can impart their ideas to those who read them. Aside from providing symbols and imagery, viewers may also read their content, much like a small, portable billboard.
Printable Business Banner
Corporate Business Banner
Business Rollup Banner
Printable Company Banner
Web Design Company Banner
Landscaping Company Banner
Printable Sports Banner
Fitness & Sports Banner
Printable Corporate Banner
Corporate Business Banner Ads
Clean Corporate Banner
Corporate Web Banner
Printable Digital Banner
Digital Marketing Banner
Digital Happy Birthday Banner
Printable Fashion Banner
Kids Fashion Banner
Fashion Roll Up Banner
Fashion Web Banner
Types of Banners
Considering how many purposes banners could conceivably be used for, it is no surprise that there are so many types of banners you can find nowadays, like Business Banners. This does not even take into account some of the more archaic and outdated uses of banners, which are less of a reality nowadays, and are consequently less relevant. That said, one can still see banners of all stripes nowadays, some of which include:
- Party Banners – One of the most simple uses for banners is for advertising parties of all kinds. Whether for birthdays or retirement parties, all kinds of parties can be advertised by banners. Given that banners can include both images and text, it is possible to mention what kind of party it is, and the guest of honor’s name. This allows everyone to know exactly what the party is for—and for whom—so that guests can prepare accordingly.
- Holiday Banners – In honor of the holidays, sometimes there are all kinds of events to commemorate the holiday spirit. As such, there are banners you can find to help advertise any events you might have to celebrate holidays. This is not limited to Christmas, for example, as there should be banners available to help you celebrate any holiday.
- Wedding – For those who want to proclaim important life events like weddings, there are Wedding Banners that can help you advertise that for all your loved ones. These banners could conceivably be used for the ceremony or the reception. Aside from those, there are banners available that can advertise for related events, such as bachelor and bachelorette parties, baby showers, and others.
- Corporate – Naturally, corporations have their own need for advertising, and have their own Corporate Banners that they can use. This can range from straight advertising or can involve other purposes, such as recruiting. These posters can include succinct details if the corporation sees the need to add explanations, especially if it very much needs to clarify things. Other than just marketing a company itself, banners can advertise some things the company offers, such as products, or promos such as sales and contests, so that companies can find more uses for them.
- Sports – There are some banners geared toward advertising for sports, particularly if that is a sport that is famous locally. This can work in several ways, such as advertising for particular teams or events so that lovers of the sport can find out about events or other things that they may wish to know about. Banners can also be used by fans themselves as a way of expressing devotion to the sport in general or for specific teams or players.
Banners are, like many other forms of advertising, a very flexible tool. There have been many ways to use banners for advertising throughout history, and that has continued until today. Like other methods, banners can be used for all sorts of advertising, and are even flexible enough that they can be used by ordinary people for their own reasons, not merely for the sake of profit or attention. Anyone with a need to demonstrate some kind of idea might do well to make use of banners so as to broadcast those ideas, no matter what ideas those are.
10+ Resume Designs - Printable PSD,JPG, Vector EPS Format ...
10+ Landing Page - Printable PSD,JPG, Vector EPS Format ...
10+ Form Designs - Printable PSD,JPG, Vector EPS Format ...
20+ Snowflake Designs - Free Printable PSD, AI, JPG, PNG, Vector ...
20+ Ladies Night Flyer Templates - Printable PSD, AI, Vector EPS ...
45+ Card Designs - Printable, PSD, EPS, Format Download Design ...
10+ Printable 2018 Wall, Desk, Pocket Calendar Designs Design ...
10+ Email Designs - Printable PSD,JPG, Vector EPS Format ...
9+ Multipurpose Travel Banner Designs - Premium ...
10+ Emoji Designs - Printable PSD,JPG, Vector EPS Format ...
20+ Beauty Salon Flyer Templates - Printable PSD, AI, Vector EPS ...
18+ Hospital Flyer Templates - Printable PSD, AI, Vector EPS ...
21+ Nature Patterns, Textures, Backgrounds, Images Design ...
Best Anti-Smoking Print Ads - Premium PSD, Vector ...
Celebrate National Ocean Month with these 7+ Diving Banner Designs