Whether you look at yoga as a lifestyle or just a bunch of flexibility exercise, this 10,000-year old Hindu practice from India is one of the most loved concept up to today.
According to Gurudevs, yoga is actually a way of life. It’s a lifestyle in which there is a union between one’s consciousness and one’s spirit. This is why yogis or people who practice yoga, do meditation in the morning or at night.
There are many benefits in incorporating yoga in our daily lives and you’ll mostly read about these on yoga brochures passed around or setting at the yoga studio’s front desk.
Free Vector Yoga Silhouette
Yoga Silhouette Icons
Women Yoga Silhouette
The Basics of Yoga
There are so many varied poses in yoga that are relaxing and at the same time gives your flexibility a boost. Even if you don’t do yoga, it’s still very possible to be familiar with some of the poses since they’re frequently used to endorse the physical activities of yoga.
Typical zen pose aside, here are some of the most common yoga poses you’ll often see as yoga logo designs:
- Downward facing dog – Feet firmly planted on the ground, both hands reach down to the floor, placing palms and every finger on the floor. Other people would refer to this pose as the inverted V shape.
- Upward facing dog – Half lying on the floor, torso is lifted up by way of the arms’ strength. Breathing is relaxed. This pose is held for around 15 to 30 seconds.
- Revolved triangle – Feet around three to four inches apart, torso is slightly twisted to either side. One hand is pointed down, reaching the floor as close as possible. Other hand is parallel in the air with the hand to the floor, forming a straight line.
- Tree pose – With one foot planted firmly and balanced, one knee is bent. Sole of the foot, of the bent leg, is resting on the inner thigh. Both arms are lifted up, and may also pressed together for a variation.
- Side plank – Balanced on one side, body is lifted supported by a forearm. Feet are pressed together and core is contracted. One can also lift up free hand for variation.
Yoga Practice Silhouettes
Purple Yoga Silhouette
Yoga Posture Silhouettes
Yoga is a total win-win situation to anyone who considers it. Men, women, young, old – anyone can do the yoga lifestyle and the yoga exercises as there are specific poses (with variations) suitable for anyone at any fitness level. It’s not only an enjoyable way to exercise or meditate, but to realize that true peace is achieved if we have peace in our inner selves.
At the end of the day, yoga doesn’t end at the door of the studio—actually, you can cut the studio since yoga can be done almost everywhere, just keep the oms low if you’re in a public place; and yoga will stay with you for as long as you practice the union of your mind and spirit.
So what’s the hold up? Get up and wear your favorite yoga shirt and let’s get stretching and meditating! Namaste!
15 Dog Illustration Designs
11 Food Catalog Designs
16 Flower Illustration Designs
10 Creative Candy Branding Examples
18 Fashion Catalog Designs
20 Wedding Illustration Designs
16 Tattoo Illustration Designs
15 Valentine’s Day Illustration Designs
12 Real Estate Catalog Designs
15 Product Catalog Designs
19 Fashion Illustration Designs
What Is the Purpose of Illustrations?
16 Abstract Illustration Designs
12 Jewelry Catalog Designs
48+ Christmas Freebie From Design Trends